Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Debut...Oh boy.


My mom always told me to tell the truth...So here is the truth. I'm scared, nervous and somewhat excited at the same time. Why?

Tonight I get the play the part of "color guy" for the KFVS12.com Webcast of the Sikeston vs Perryville Class 4 District 1 baseketball tournament game. KFVS 12 Sports Director Todd Richards will handle play-by-play duties.

I grew up dreaming of joining Hall Of Famer Marty Brennaman as the voice of the Cincinnati Reds, but somewhere only the road of life I took a detour. I fell in love with TV and bypassed radio.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for game broadcasters (radio and tv). Tonight I carefully walk into the world paved by the greats... John Miller, Vin Scully, Marty Brennaman and Jack Buck.
Not in my wildest dreams do I think I will ever be on their level or even on the same planet as those golden voices. I only hope I get through tonight and avoid embarrassment.

The best thing to do...Not Speak.

Hope you enjoy the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment