Saturday, February 28, 2009

Grounded Redhawks


Mercifully the 2008-09 basketball season ends for the Southeast Missouri State men with a ten point loss at Austin Peay.
I have only covered 11 seasons of SEMO basketball but this has to rank as the worst in school history.
The brutality of this past season goes beyond wins and losses. NCAA probe, Head Coach bought out, player arrested and later kicked off team and lack of fan support. Those are just a few "issues" which immediately come to mind...I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but I don't want to ruin the remainder of my evening.

Since making the move to the Division 1 level SEMO has posted four seasons with less than ten victories:
8-19 (1995-95)
6-22 (2001-02)
7-20 (2005-06)
3-27 (2008-09)

Click on the picture below for a look at results from the season)


I honestly hope this "rock bottom" for the men's program so there is nowhere to go but up.

No comments:

Post a Comment