Sunday, February 22, 2009

MSHSAA Wrestling

I must admit by no means do I have a ton of wrestling knowledge. In fact it's pretty limited, I once asked a college wrestler (who just won a national title)... "So what's next, the WWF". I thought he was going to put me in a choke hold.

Despite my naiveté, I have tremendous respect for the athletes, coaches and fans. The support given to the sport is something to salute.

I guess wrestling never caught on with me because it was basically non existent in high schools where I grew up...Out of sight out of mind.

With each wrestling tournament or practice I cover I try to increase my knowledge so one day I can carry on a conversation about the sport with a hardcore fan and not compare it to "professional wrestling".

The heartland has a rich history in the sport and it continued to shine this weekend at the state wrestling tournaments. Congratulations to all involved.

I attached a few graphics with results from Missouri.











No comments:

Post a Comment