Sunday, February 8, 2009

Let The Games Begin!

As a sports fan this is probably my favorite time of the year. I love football but there is something about February, March and April which feeds my hunger. Maybe it's the move from cold temperatures and a shorter amount of daylight to warmer weather and longer days. Heck...Who am I kidding... It's two things! Basketball and baseball!
The cream of the crop from the high school hoops season is rising to the top, the Madness of March is knocking at the door and MLB Spring Training workouts are ready to begin.

Cubs fans are walking around with a smile and the belief ..."this will be the year we win the World Series." That in itself is enough to make my day a little brighter.

There is a freshness in the air...I can close my eyes and smell the cut grass and the spilled stale beer puddled in Bush Stadium. Soon everything will be in perfect harmony.
However the beauty of it all will come crashing down (for me) when the Cincinnati Reds take the field.

[Note to Cubs fans]
Before you e-mail and complain let me say I am much worse than you (Cubs fan)!
Like you, I believe my team can and will win the World Series...But unlike you...My team is not of the caliber of the Cubs. We are the classic example of someone with a champagne taste operating on a beer budget. It's just not a recipe for long term success.

Ok... To the point of this post:
If you love baseball as much as I do you more than likely play some type of fantasy baseball.
So, I invite you to join my (free) league at Yahoo! which I will set-up soon as possible.
Here is the catch... I only have 5 open spots.

To make it fair I will take the first 5 people to send me an e-mail with the following information:

Send it to: cfryman@kfvs12.com
  • In the subject copy and paste: Fryman From The Sideline Fantasy Baseball
  • Your Name
  • Your location (Cape, Jackson, Carbondale, etc.)
  • Your e-mail address
If you do not have an account with Yahoo! you'll need to create one...No worries it's free.

There are usually 12 teams in the league and I set it up as an automatic draft. I would love to do a "live" draft but coordinating something that massive would be tough.

To the winner I can offer only bragging rites and a congratulation on the air during a future sportscast.

No comments:

Post a Comment