Friday, August 28, 2009

Great Time Waster

Like most young boys I collected baseball cards but didn't take it to another level like many of my friends.  I didn't have store my prized cards in special cases or keep them locked down in hyperberic chambers. Ok...I don't know anyone who went that far but I wouldn't be surprised if some collectors do (did).

I never cataloged mine by year, team, card number or packed-up my collection to attend card shows. Nor did I eagerly await the latest issue of  Beckett to see if my 1984 Dane Iorg Fleer card was worth a few more cents. Nope...I wasn't that intense.


.

***WARNING***  Hardcore collectors should not read the next line...It might be a literary punch to the gut.  You were warned!.

Most of my cards ended up attached to the spokes of a Huffy. I caught a lot of grief from my parents for "wasting" 50 cents on a pack of cards where the goal was to save any Cincinnati Reds player I might get then send the rest to a brutal demise. Do kids still do that today?

The point of this....I stumbled upon a cool site for baseball card junkies or the average fan looking for a trip down memory lane. This is a great time waster.

http://baseballcarddatabase.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment