Monday, September 7, 2009

Just Got Called Out!

I just got called out by a co-worker for slacking on my blog updates.  I believe the quote was "Dude, you need to blog more."
Thanks for giving me a kick in the pants...It was needed!

Weather you are SEMO fan or not you have to admit (for years) the Southeast football program has been in desperate need of a day like the one they enjoyed last Thursday night at Houck Stadium.
  • 72 Points 
  • 512 Yards of offense
  • 282 Rushing yards
  • 230 Passing yards
  • 26 First downs
  • 0 Turnovers
More importantly the Redhawks get a victory and accomplish what a team is supposed to do when playing an inferior opponent...Dominate in every facet of the game. We have't witnessed that in a long time, in fact, I can't say I have ever watched a SEMO football team totally outplay another. The atmosphere at Houck that night is something I hope we experience more often this season.

As a former football player I can relate to Quincy's plight. I have been on the receiving end of a football beating. I played varsity all four years of high school but didn't taste a victory until the fourth week of my junior season...0-23 before we won a game. Those were three brutal years!

Back to the Redhawks...

The school, the program, SEMO nation and anyone with a connection (no matter how small) to Southeast Missouri State University needs something to rally behind. It would be a nice lift to school spirit & community pride after the punch-to-the-gut from SEMO men's basketball.

I really hope this is the year the program turns the corner and heads down the road to success. Now I'll be selfish - As a member of the media it's tough to cover a losing team. Everyone loves a winner.

1 comment:

  1. The key is obvisiously not getting anyone hurt vs Cincy!

    EIU has a starting QB who is a transfer from Iowa and a starting RB who transfered from Florida. They have talent and they beat Illinois St 31 to 6.

    EIU and Martin is quite a 2 game stretch to begin OVC play. I guess we will find out if Semo is "for real" real soon.

    ReplyDelete