Thursday, August 6, 2009

Countdown To Football...UFL Style!


Back from vacation and ready to roll. If you read this blog with any regularity you will notice I just had a vacation at the end of June...Now another a little over a month later!

Well... Due to football season and television ratings periods Sports Director Todd Richards and I have a small window to take our vacations, so they get crammed in over the summer. No more vacation time for me until after Christmas. I'll do a better job to post at least 4-6 times a week.

Ok...On to the business at hand... In one of my first posts I wrote about the upstart UFL (United Football League). Click the link to revisit the earlier blog post.
To be honest...My first thought was... "Can it work and ultimately survive in our NFL dominated country?"....Safe bet - It won't last. No matter how long the UFL exists I will do my best to become a fan and support the league. I just hope the league and game stay on a more traditional path and avoids the pitfalls of the XFL. Remember the this rule? No coin flip to determine possession they let a player from each team try and recover a fumble. Sounds like something I did playing football with friends in my backyard (when I was 12).

For what it's worth...The start of the UFL is fast approaching. It will be interesting to see how the media covers the inaugural season.

--- --- --- ---
RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - The United Football League will play its first game Oct. 8 in Las Vegas.
The UFL announced the schedule for its inaugural season Thursday. The four teams will play six games each through Nov. 20. The championship game will be Nov. 27 in Las Vegas. Games will be on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
San Francisco will play at Las Vegas in the first game. The other two franchises are in New York and Florida. They face off in Orlando on Oct. 10.
Games will also be played in Hartford, Conn., and Los Angeles.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment