Monday, November 9, 2009

For what it's worth...

Since Wednesday night I have been asked over and over which team I think will win tonights Class 4 Sectional game Poplar Bluff or Sikeston.

As I have written and said many times...I love stats! So, based on the numbers (points scored and points allowed) this is what might happen.

Based on offensive scoring averages the final will be:
Poplar Bluff_34
Sikeston_40

Based on points allowed averages the final will be:
Poplar Bluff_6
Sikeston_19

I will stick with the numbers which suggest Sikeston will win... I like the Bulldogs 24-14.
Would I be surprised if the Mules win? Not really. Poplar Bluff's backfield duo of Zach Ferguson and Eljie Johnson (if not contained like the last meeting) are potential game breakers.

You can see the game webcast on www.KFVS12 beginning tonight at 7:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment