Monday, November 23, 2009

Finish Strong Podcast: November 22, 2009

Here you go...Finish Strong Podcast #6. Sorry for the delay I had to deal with a few technical issues.

Topics on FSP #6:
  • Valle Catholic heads to Class 1 Championship Game
  • Sikeston comes up short but has a tremendous season
  • SEMO Football hangs tough with top ranked Salukis
  • FCS Playoffs
  • Dickey Nutt gets first victory at SEMO
Finish Strong Podcast: November 22

Previous Finish Strong Podcasts:
I got great response to the question of "What are you thankful for as it relates to sports"?
Most were well written and interesting and some were well written and funny but unable to post to the blog.

I chose one e-mail, from each state we cover on a regular basis, to put on the blog. Keep up the great work and keep the e-mails coming. I hope you don't mind me posting your e-mail.

Dan (Missouri):
I am thankful for SEMO men's basketball. I would sum up my support in the following.
These are the kind of players everyone wants especially since the program has had kids with questionable character lately. Great kids and good students. No matter the W's and L's, I can't not get behind this team and come out and supports them....I am a SEMO Mens BB fan to the core.


Kelly (Illinois):
Thankful as it relates to sports. I am thankful for the administration at my alma mater SIU. A Not long ago we were in a situation SEMO finds itself in - (for the most part) bad athletics programs and little fan support. But the hiring of former Athletics Director Paul Kowalczyk followed by football coach Jerry Kill and men's basketball coach Bruce Weber helped put Saluki spots back on the map. It's longer an athletic wasteland.
Can't wait until they finish Saluki Way! Go Dawgs!


Darrell (Kentucky):

I am from Kentucky so I bleed UK blue! Always Thankful for the Wildcats. And thankful for the great high school football I saw this season in western Kentucky. Lone Oak, Mayfield, Tilghman and Murray. My Purple Flash can't stopped! Hope everyone is booking a trip to Bowling Green!
I'm thankful for Coach Haskins, his players and the awesome fan support. Wanna see/feel an electric atmosphere come to one of our home games.


Lance (Tennessee):
Good question...What am I thankful for in sports?
I am thankful we have the ability and freedom to actually be thankful for sports. I can cheer for which ever team/player I want too. I can paint my face, get a tattoo of my team's logo and tailgate with friends before and after a game. I'm thankful to live in the United State and have the opportunity to be a part of our great sports nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment