Thursday, May 28, 2009

Killshot: Not a bad movie


Not often will I stray from the topic of sports but I thought Killshot is relevant and for that matter fresh on my mind (I watched the movie last night).

After three years of waiting for Killshot to be released it finally arrived on (DVD)...Unfortunately not at a local theater.

For those not familiar with Killshot or why I would write about it on a sports blog...allow me a few lines to explain.

A few scenes of the movie were filmed in and around Cape Girardeau in January of 2006. Diane Lane, Mickey Rourke, Thomas Jane, Joeseph Gordon-Levitt and Johnny Knoxville were all in Cape for a few days. According to the movie website IMDB Knoxville was completely cut out of the final version because his character did not test well with audiences.
Of course I was most interested in seeing shots of Cape Girardeau and how the city and/people would be portrayed...No complaints in that department. It'a always great to see places your are familiar with on the big screen and there are a few. You'll see Brenda's restaurant with the Emmerson bridge in the background. However, Brenda's is not named and the scene doesn't take place in Cape. Thomas Jane's character walks out of the courthouse and you'll get a wide shot of downtown Cape from atop the hill. There are a few more but I don't want to ruin the surprise...I'll let you see for yourself.

It's worth renting...It's a solid movie and a much better way to spend 95 minutes than watching some goofy reality-singing-dancing-survive-the-island type show.
A couple interesting notes I found about the movie:
  • Originally set up in 2002 with Tony Scott directing, Robert De Niro playing Amand Degas, and Quentin Tarantino playing Richie Nix.
  • Viggo Mortensen and Justin Timberlake were considered for the roles of Wayne Colson and Richie Nix, respectively.
What do you think of the movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment