Thursday, January 22, 2009

Heaven For Stat Geeks

I spend a lot of time on the net reading sports pages and seeking new sites for content.

As I come across sports related websites I'll pass them your way. This is a great site to start get us started. www.jacked.com
It has nothing to to with Jack Bauer or the FOX show 24.

Last week KFVS12 Meteorologist and fellow web geek John Dissauer told me about www.jacked.com.

Just log into jacked.com and experience live games on another level.

You will need to set up and account (it's free).
Once logged-in...click on the "What's On" tab then choice a sport (NHL, NBA, NFL, NCAA Basketball). A page with "Game Tickets" will appear... Pick your game and "Enter". This is not a video or audio broadcast of a game..it's a interactive live statistics and play-by-play chart.

You will get the most from the site if you log into a game you are also watching on television. It's like having you're own statistician in the room.

You can customize the game screen at jacked.com by using available "widgets". For example on the NBA game I am watching I can add Player Profile, Boxscore, Scoreboard of other games, Nothing But Net Trivia and Chat (just to name a few). Widgets are movable....click on the top bar of the one you wish to move then drag and drop it anywhere on the screen.

Have any great sports related sites? Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. That is a cool site! Thanks for pointing it out Chad.

    What sport do you watch the most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably watch more football than any other sport. I haven't missed a Cincinnati Bengals game or any televised Ohio State Buckeyes game in three years. Due to my job I have not been able to watch all those games "live" but did see them on tape or DVR.

    Thankfully my wife is a football fanatic so she'll watch just about any game on TV when her teams aren't televised.

    ReplyDelete