Friday, September 24, 2010

Sports: A healing power

I'm not trying to be a "downer" or darken the mood on a Friday...Not by any stretch.

I'm sure most have been touched by cancer in some way..a friend, relative, co-worker, etc. For me it was my grandmother losing a battle to breast cancer. There is not a day that passes when she is not in my thoughts.

Each time I sit at the desk in my home office I catch a glance of the Reds thermos she got me as part of a promotion at a Reds minor league game in Tampa, FL.  It brings back memories of spending summers with her and my grandfather at their home in Florida.  She was one of the driving forces behind me becoming the person I am today. I miss her greatly.

I can empathize with anyone dealing with a loved one stricken by any form of cancer.

I stumbled upon this article in the Orlando Sentinel of a family fighting...A fathers wish to see his daughter play varsity lacrosse.

Orlando Sentinel: Dying wish fulfilled

No comments:

Post a Comment