Sunday, July 4, 2010

Racing At Malden Speedway

Racing is one of my guilty pleasures... I love to strap into a race car and hit track. However I have only had the fortune of actually driving in a race a handful of times. Currently I am relegated to fed my need for speed withh racing games on the PS3.

It's probably safe to say I get my love for racing honestly. Growing up just over an hour east of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and within shouting distance of Eldora Speedway. For a brief time I thought I wanted to become a NASCAR driver instead of going to college.

Working nights and weekends makes it tough (nearly impossible) to get to the track so whenever I get to cover a race it's extra special. There really isn't anything like feeling the roar as the cars fly past the start/finish line slinging chunks of mud into the front row of the grandstands or catching strong whiffs of the racing fuel in the air. To those who have never experienced a night at a dirt track you owe it to yourself to add it to your "bucket list".

A few weeks ago on my Sunday nigh sportscast I started running a few highlights and race results from Malden Speedway...It's something I will try to do each week.

Malden Speedway race results from July 2nd:
*thanks to David Darnell

USCS SPRINTS
19 Start Feature

1. 88 - Tim Crawley
2. 51 - Lee Sowell
3. 24 - Justin CarverPublish Post
4. 26 - Marshall Skinner
5. 39 - Brad Bowden


USCS MODIFIEDS
17 Start Feature

1. Ashley Newman - 73
2. Robert Powers - 02
3. Ronnie Vernon - G3
4. Josh Hughes - 6H
5. Scott Burge - 3

CRATE LATE MODELS

11 Start Feature
1. Billy James - 17 B
2. Jerry Buck - 81
3. Jamie Robards - 69 R
4. Doug Moore - 07
5. Robby Moore - 66

HOBBY STOCKS
5 Start Feature

1. Jason Pennington - JP 21
2. Scott Tracer - 007
3. Johnny Stephens - 11X
4. Greg Sparks - J-19
5. Kevin Holman - 74


PURE STREET STOCKS
10 Start Feature

1. Mark Todd - 31
2. Matt Brown - 11
3. Greg Sparks - 68
4. Derick Lee- 12
5. Maury Hays - 7½


E-MOD
7 Start Feature

1. Scott Tracer - 94
2. Tyler Fowler - 15
3. Adam Hemby - 03
4. Tyler Santie - Mee 2
5. Tim Gage - 5 B


MINI STOCKS
12 Start Feature

1. Justin McCalister - 49
2. Derick Durall - 62
3. Vernon Pickard - 7
4. Robert Owens - 39
5. Jimmy Newsom - 6

No comments:

Post a Comment