Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cape Colts Fans Bleed Blue

Cheering for the Indianapolis Colts may be the "in" thing to do but Indiana native and Cape Girardeau resident Troy Vaughn has been a fan since before the Mayflower moving trucks ever left Baltimore.

"When I was a little kid I was watching playoffs and they (Baltimore Colts) were
playing the Raiders and somehow I became a Colts fan then," said Vaughn. "And
being from Indianapolis the kids grew up being Colts fans before we moved here
(to Cape)."
When Troy says it's a family affair he is not kidding. The Vaughn's (daughter Allison, his wife Lori and son Casey) love their Colts.

"I love Peyton Manning, I look up to them every day," said Casey. "Reggie
Wayne, Dallas Clark - They are just so cool to watch and I'm so glad to be a fan
of them."
A few years ago Casey wrote a report about his favorite team which got a responce from (at the time) head coach Tony Dungy.

"I wanted to get more information about the Colts so I sent a letter to Tony Dungy and it was when they went to the playoffs and Super Bowl in 2006," said Casey. "Tony wrote back and said thanks for the encouragement and sorry he couldn't give any more information because they were so busy and he sent me an autographed picture."
The Vaughn's have taken a page out of the Colts play book. Everyone is on board looking for the same thing...a Colts victory. Even their ten year old daughter Allison is a big time fan.

"It's real exciting to watch all the plays and see all the fans cheering and
being crazy about their favorite NFL team," said Allison.

No comments:

Post a Comment