Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ready To Roll

Ahh...Back from vacation and looking forward to the next couple of weeks (AJGA & MLB All-Star Game). After a long spring covering basketball and baseball (high school & college) I needed a break. My battery is recharged and I'm ready to roll!

Day two of the AJGA Rolex Tournament of Champions got underway earlier this morning. Defending girls Champ Ani Gulugian is four strokes off the lead at -4.

Poplar Bluff's Trent Hillis begins his second round today at 1:48. He has some tough work ahead...He's eleven shots off the lead at +6.

Watching this tournament is very humbling...especialy if you think of yourself as a "golfer". I do not think of myself as a golfer (unless you are talking about Tiger Woods on the Playstation) but covering a golf tournament is always enjoyable.
Dalhouise is no easy course and you'll see these kids make tough shots look easy...almost effortless.

It's a quality event and great for the area. I hope you get a chance to walk the course and watch some of golf's future stars. Who knows...the next Tiger or Annika may be prowling Dalhousie.

More info on the AJGA Rolex Tournament Of Champions:

No comments:

Post a Comment