Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tiger: A Bad Sport?


Tiger Woods a bad sport? I won't go so far as to stick him with the "Bad Sport" label...But I think at times he fails to show good sportsmanship...Throwing clubs, cursing and less than inviting facial expressions.

There is no question Tiger has brought golf to another level. I know many people who only watch a golf tournament when Tiger is in the hunt on Sunday.
He has the right to be as fan-friendly or as abrasive as he wants...But as the "unofficial" ambassador for the game (I wish Tiger) would curb himself (just a little). People watch his every move and weather he wants it or likes it...he is a role model.

I'll save the topic of "Athletes as Role Models" for another post, but I will say...I have witnessed first hand how an athlete I considered a "role model" let me down. It was then I realized the mistake I made.

Mark Kizla of the Denver Post wrote an interesting article about Tiger and his actions on the course.
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_12111710


No comments:

Post a Comment